Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My first presentation at Gwangju Natural Science High School

Presentation at Gwangju Natural Science High School

Gwangju Natural Science High School is a vocational school in Gwangju, South Korea. The school campus is big. There are two academic fields: cooking and bakery. The school location is a bit far from The May 18 Memorial Foundation office. It takes about 45 minutes to go to the place.
I had presentation in Gwangju Natural Science High School last April 2, 2008. I left from the office with Ms. Lynn at around 9.00 AM. Before we went, Ms. Lynn gave my power point presentation to Mr. Jintae Cho, the Secretary General. We also asked for permission to leave from Mr. Jintae Cho (Secretary General) and Mr. Chanho Kim (Director Culture and Solidarity Team). We went first by bus, and continued by Taxi. We arrived at 10.00 AM, and had a meeting with Mrs. Kim Jang Hee (English teacher). I explained to her my presentation. The President Director of the school was not at the office, so we just had meeting with Vice Director.
I started the presentation to the first class at 11.00 AM. Several students asked questions while I had presentation. Aside from the power point, I showed to students several materials that I brought from my country like: traditional clothes, souvenirs, Angklung (traditional instrumental music from West Java), spices for traditional dishes, Rupiah money, etc. The presentation ended at 12.00 PM. The second class was conducted in the after noon. The same method of presentation was made. Several students had questions. There was one student who asked me about my opinion of the May 18 Gwangju Democratic. And also one student requested me to sing Korean song. It was a very funny class. I tried my best to give answer and grant their request. The second class ended at 13.00 PM. Both were cooking classes.
I had lunch together with the teachers and students at 13.00 PM. I went back to the office at around 13.45 PM by bus (twice). Ms. Lynn already got back to the office around at 12.00 PM. The school gave me several loaves of bread. After I arrived at the office, I dished it for all the staff.
I really enjoyed my presentation, because I like to be around students. Especially I really felt happy for the opportunity to present my country at the Gwangju Natural Science High School. I will make another presentation on June, 2008. I hope the next presentation will be more better than before. Wish me luck, thank you.

fighting!!

Anyiong (hallo)

T-shirt from Bali

Sarung

Angklung from West Java

Train in Jakarta

Students

Students

Go back to the office by bus


No comments: