Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The 2nd Presentation at Gwangju Natural Science High School

Gwangju Natural Science High School



Gwangju Natural Science High School is a vocational school in Gwangju, South Korea. I had my 2nd presentation on July 9, 2008 at 10.55 – 11.35 AM. The topic is about Indonesia. For the second opportunity, I made presentation for students of cooking class. It is in a class of around 30 students.



Before the presentation, I meet with the teacher, Mrs. Kim Jeong-hee on July 3, 2008 at 4 PM in the school. I went with Mr. Pete. On the meeting, she suggested focus for our presentation.


One day before I had presentation, I gave my file presentation to Mrs. Kim as a teacher by email and Mr. Jintae Cho the secretary general.


On July 9, 2008 I left the office at 9.30 AM. I went with Ms. Suyeon (Research and Education Team) and Kim Yoan (Volunteer). Ms. Suyeon was observed the presentation, and Kim Yoan also had his presentation about Malaysia. Kim Yoan was the former Intern Volunteer (2007) at EMPOWER in Malaysia for 10 months. His presentation was from 11.45 AM – 12.15 PM.




We arrived at the school at 10 AM. We had meeting first with Mrs. Kim. I started the presentation at 10.55 AM. I introduced my self and general things about Indonesia. For the main topic, I choose the theme about the Moeslem culture and Wayang (the traditional theatre from Java). I brought some materials to enhance my presentation, like: Indonesian flag, Indonesian currency (Rupiah), Wayang, etc.



In the middle of my presentation, I introduced a traditional game called Do Mi Ka Do with the students. The game helped me catch the attention of the students.


At the end of my presentation, some students ask questions like: personal question, my internship program, the relation of Indonesia and India, etc. I finished my presentation at 11.30 AM. We had break around 10 minutes, and after Kim Yoan started his presentation.


We had lunch together with the teachers and students at 12.30 PM and after we had some discussion with the teacher. We went back to the office at around 1.30 PM and continue our work.


For the next presentation, I need to prepare better power point. It was more simple, because during the first presentation I am confused about the materials, so I ended up sharing too much information to the students. Compared with the first presentation, the students were more quiet. I hope with my presentations, I could share information about Indonesia and it could be more useful for them.



No comments: